Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Distractions

On Sunday morning, I had all intention to sit down and read my bible before doing anything else. But instead , I turned on my computer. I might need to harvest my crops on Farmville or Farm Town. I also might need to check my e-mail to see if anyone sent me one.

I did get an e-mail from my daughter asking for a family favorite recipe, “Yorkshire Pudding.” So I hunted for the recipe for about 30- 40 minutes. As I hunted, I thought back to when she was little and how I would ask her to come watch me cook so she would know how to when she was gone. Her reply was ‘That is what cookbooks are for. When I need to know who to cook something, then I will use a cookbook. ’

Interesting how she was not interested in learning how I cook and that is when God said to me. “ More interesting in how you have become so distracted to hearing me.” I had become so distracted to finding that recipe that I did not have time to listen to God.

Isn’t it interesting at how we become so distracted when we need to take the time to listen to God’s voice. Sometimes we allow our hurts and pains to prevent us from hearing God, or we become too busy with every day life that we don’t take the time to listen to His whisper. Take the time today, to sit and concentrate on Him. Ask him to talk to you…what do you have to say Lord? Sometimes God is only going to whisper to us and if we are too busy we are going to miss that whisper - we are going to miss the joys that God has for us. Take the time and menatate on Him… see what He has to say.

Also, listen to Mercy Me: Word of God Speak..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsoiI8Xhpm

Blessings
Sherry

Dt. 30:20 “and that you may love the Lord you God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him.
Dt. 28:1 “If you fully obey God and carefully follow all His commands I give your today, the Lord your God will set you high above all nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment