Friday, October 30, 2009

The Catarpiller

Several months ago, my friend Marilyn, gave me a book that she wanted me to read. She said that she felt that I really needed to read this book. Marilyn knew and saw the great pain I was going through with the lost of my job as a teacher and not being able to find another teaching job. I truly believe that she was listening to God’s whisper to give me this book. 

I read the book “Sand in My Eyes” by Christine Lemmon, when I was finally ready to take the butcher knife out of my heart that two people put there. That is what my pain felt like; these two people who caused me the greatest pain ever felt like they stabbed me with a butcher knife right in my heart. I was told that I was not good enough to be a teacher. I allowed Satan to come in and destroy me with the lies that I was listening to. The worst part is that I started to believe the lies where true, I would never get another teaching job. I was heart broken, for I felt like I let God down. I knew that God wanted me to be a teacher; to be a teacher who gives children hope and inspiration that they can be successful.

There is a page in the book with just these words of a proverb on it “ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly. “ I had thought that my world as an Elementary teacher was over. I knew that I had to forgive these two people who hurt me the most, but I wanted to hang on to that knife in my heart. It was not until I finally would take the knife out (forgive)and hand that knife (pain) over to God, then God would turn me into that butterfly.

God wants us to forgive those who hurt us the most. He understands the pain that you are going through. Didn’t God go through the worst pain when he saw what his people did to his Son by hanging Him on the cross? Doesn’t God forgive us everyday for the nails that we still hammer into Jesus hands and feet? It is hard; but, it is required to forgive so that you may become a butterfly. Forgive those who hurt you so that you may experience what God has in store for you. As a co-teacher told me after I found out that I was being let go “God told me to tell you that He has better plans for you.”

Let go and Let God

Sherry
TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment