Friday, November 6, 2009

The Butterfly Part C

“…the circumstances of our lives might not always make sense at the time, but the meaning behind events will unfurl later, one petal at a time.” (“Sand in my eyes” by Christine Lemmon)

From my past two posted, I talked about the pain, the hurt, and the forgiveness that I was going through these past several months.

About three weeks ago, an angel of a friend told me, “You have changed. It’s like you are a flower and now you are blooming!” Yes, I think that I have.  I start to look at my life and God showed me why certain events happened in my life. I was rediscovering who I am. Without these events, I could not grow and share my faith with so many.

I stood back and allowed God to take control over my life. He showed me what He was doing through the lost of my job. It has been amazing at what He has done and is still doing! In 1Peter 5:6 it states “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.”

Without the lost of my job, I would not of been looking at couponing the way that I do now. I have used coupons for over 40 years. The last several years, I did use coupons, but not like now. With the lost of my job, we had to cut $42,000 out of our budget and this included the cut of grocery money. The best part is that even though we had to cut so much, we did not suffer at all!  We were able to contintue to pay our bills and keep the standard of living that we had.  David and I budget $160 a month for groceries now. With my couponing, there are months when I have money left over! My food pantry is full and I converted my laundry room into a food pantry and it is getting full. My laundry room is about the size of a small office. 

I asked David if he thought I should teach couponing at the church. He immediately said yes and I held my first couponing class. There were 7 people who attended but it is what God has instilled in those who attended. From that first class, there are those who want to use couponing as a ministry to help those in need!

I learned how to start a blog. The blog, I thought, was going to be about couponing, but God had other plans. Even though I do talk some about couponing, it is more about His whispers. My blog site got mention in the Settle Times! Here is the web site if you want to read about it. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/mobile/?type=story&id=2010057231
I would learn that this article would also appear in the Miami Herald, Honolulu Hawaii, and the St. Louis newspaper!

I am back to work, part time. I got a phone call, asking if I am on the sub list. I told her, no because the county was not accepting subs right now. She asked if she could get me on it, would I sub at her school. I told her yes. Within 4 days, I was on the sub list and I will be subbing to the Christmas break!

I am reminded of another favorite song, “I will Praise You in This Storm.” By Casting Crowns. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnwTlJxfiw 
Even in your storms that you might be experiencing, praise God for them. Then allow Him to take and have control of your life. You will be amazed to see what He will do. And remember to praise Him through the good times and the bad times.  You will look back and realize that God was at work in your life.

Sherry

1 comment:

  1. Sherry,
    You are such an inspiration to me. I am so blessed knowing God has introduced us. In my quiet time last evening I was drawn to this scripture: "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 3:13-14
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete