Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shopping for A New Creation

Today I went shopping.

My best buy was a Glad Candle holder was on sale for $1.50 and I had a $2.00 coupon... I did buy other items, this store had some scrapbooking pages, albums and stickers on the 75% clearance rack. I love this type of sale!! I had a $17 order, with the use of a gift card and coupons; I only had to pay $4.14...

God talking thoughts:

I have been working on my daughter's wedding album on and off for the last 6 months now; I want this scrapbook to be special and perfect for her. A scrapbook is a photo album use to tell a story about ones life - it is way to remember the great moments that one had. While I was thinking about how to create the next pages in her book, God showed / told me that is what He does to our lives. He takes our lives just as they are and changes us into a new creation. As a scrapbooker, I take one sheet of paper, add stickers, ribbons, other pieces of different color paper, die cuts, stamps, and etc to create a colorful creative page for the pictures. This does take time, for me I usually spend about 4 -5 hours on one page!!!

God wants to do the same for our lives. He takes our lives, (the first sheet) and gives us His love, mercy and grace,(the stickers, color paper, die cuts, stamps, and etc) to create in us a new life. A life that includes being more like Christ; God is willing to wait on us. He wants our lives and names to be a perfect page in his book of life. A page that tells our story of what God has done for us. In the scrapbook of life, what would your page look like? A new creation with a story to tell or just a piece of paper?

Blessings
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment